Flieger, grüß' mir die Sonne, grüß' mir die Sterne und grüß' mir den Mond. Dein Leben, das ist ein Schweben, durch die Ferne, die keiner bewohnt! - Hans Albers, F.P.1 antwortet nicht (Adaptation in the 80s: Extrabreit)

Wednesday 29 October 2014

Beta 3 has entered the building

Here I am, sick with a head which feels double size, my eyes watering when staring at a screen, and beta 3 has arrived. Damn. So much I wanted to write about.

So, in short: Good bye beta2! After the initial awe at the graphics, you felt more like a work and you tried my patience with your gazillion hangs and crashes, and the repetitive gameplay with only missions and some NPC combat possible. In the end, I did not have patience and time anymore to follow through with all my bug reports; my bad. So, I am glad this is over and very hopeful at all the new shiny stuff arriving with beta3.

I let my PC download the new launcher and client, which took until midnight, and curiousity made me stay up and through it to finally take a first peek. Wow, as usual, when you are used to the current graphic, they crank it up a notch and totally makes you impress and appreciate every new detail. Suns are more flarish, the interface is much more hologram-ish, the blue faery lights from other ships in supercruise has been replaced by yellow flares, the planets look again better than before, the galaxy background is now so awesome, not so pinky anymore, for me exactly the right coulour tone to look good. I am blown away, even through the three layers of my headache.





As to the rest, I am stunned and overwhelmed, not sure what to do first, like under a Christmas tree with a lot of presents and not knowing which one to open first.

Fuelscoops, mining lasers and ore refinery, two new ships and a stunning range of systems, of which I do not recognize about half of them and I am pretty sure they were not there or not named as before. Only with the search function I am able to find the locations I spent my time in before, Evergreen, Aurea and so on. They are still there, of course, but the surrounding systems seem to be less familiar.

I have a headache and no plan. Can a game be too fantasticly good? I do not remember the last time I was so totally impressed by a game. It sure has been or at least feels like long long ago. And now I stop before I start to Nerd-cry, I already feel my eyes watering; my sickness, getting back to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment