Flieger, grüß' mir die Sonne, grüß' mir die Sterne und grüß' mir den Mond. Dein Leben, das ist ein Schweben, durch die Ferne, die keiner bewohnt! - Hans Albers, F.P.1 antwortet nicht (Adaptation in the 80s: Extrabreit)

Monday 20 October 2014

Disconnect staccato

Engle Station, Aurea. I never really looked at the display options in the galaxy map. There are two filters possible, one by colour and one by size of dot. If I had looked into this earlier, I might have had it easier in looking for places. I switch the colour option to represent the system´s type; the size option for population. Much more clear now. Makes me realize that my current system is a not too badly staffed refinery system. Oops, disconnect, just like this, from the galaxy map. This is new. Ticket.

Like a moth to the flame I am drawn to accept a 61k Credit cargo mission to Boas´ Claim, Evergreen. The bulleting board then suddenly loads for about a minute and then I am disconnected from server. I relog and find that the mission is in my log anyways. Another cargo mission to the same location for 52k has appeared. Same game again, disconnected. Sigh, this game shifts its behaviour all the time!

Wow, a third mission! Accepted! And it seems to go smoothly now. 180k Credits incoming, and some more small missions still! Shit, disconnect after launch. Relog. Enter supercruise. Crash, with report. Sigh. This session won´t last long if this stuff continues. Could not connect to server, second login. Damn, galaxy map as background, no way this will work. Sigh. 21 minutes for the three transport missions, I am so screwed. Relog. Yay, hyperjump gets through this time! And still 11 minutes left on the shortest timer! Make way to Boas´ Claim, 1800 ls, in all haste. My account jolts upwards from 2,02 mio to 2,16 mio Credits. Time to go shopping!

Taurawa is a high tech sytem with about 6 mio population. Opps, galaxy map disconnects me from game. Relog. I load the minimal supply (<10 tons are available each) of Gallium, Indium and Beryllium and hope that the high tech world will have according demand. After some moments, again disconnect. Relog. Launch. Disconnect. Relog. Hyperjump works!



I notice my voice macros do not work well, have to do most stuff manually. As I try to request docking at Cernan City, an Ocellus type station, a second time after a timeout, I get disconnected again. Relog. Request landing manually. Enter, approach docking pad. Disconnect. First relog failed, then relog. Finally, I get through to the landing pad. Accessing the commodity market makes the game disconnect again. Awww, come on, what is this? First relog failed, then relog.

Great. All metals are in high demand, 400/660/900 Credit profit per unit. A pity that supply is so low. First try to sell, disconnect. Second try to sell works, but immediate disconnect again.Then I check outfitting, but there is nothing interesting. Disconnect again.

Ticket, with a link to this blog entry. Good night, client.




No comments:

Post a Comment