Flieger, grüß' mir die Sonne, grüß' mir die Sterne und grüß' mir den Mond. Dein Leben, das ist ein Schweben, durch die Ferne, die keiner bewohnt! - Hans Albers, F.P.1 antwortet nicht (Adaptation in the 80s: Extrabreit)

Saturday 11 October 2014

I have weekend

"Could not connect to server". Well, that is a welcome! But the ED Forum knows also people who have it worse than me. So I am content that I can play at least a bit in between crashes. Third try, and I am in.

First thing to do is a test jump. I do not dare to stay in the programm and go on the desktop, had the impression that helps the game to stay connected. Nope. Not this time; endless hyperjump it is again, with that weird, blurry screen. I have already a hard time motivating me, especially when tired from a long working day. But beyond that wall of bugs is a beautiful game waiting for me. So go at it, Spikey!

I make it through to LHS64 this time. My cargo hold is packed, the bulletin board opens with 20 seconds lag, so I miss my first 60k transport mission as the board refreshes the moment I am back. Should I wait for the kind of fetch missions which made me fill my cargo hold last session? Or should I go after the credits/minute scheme and just get going? Checking Unviversal Cartographics, it is still offline. Market transactions are laggy. Apparently, no additional work on the game can be expected over the weekend. Yep, Frontier employees do deserve weekends! Even though games like this, like most MMOGs, give the impression that you must be served 24/7.

I have 450k Credits, and if the game would work properly, I figure that I could make here at least half a million per night, meaning an Asp would be in range within 12 nights of mission transports like this, probably even faster. Before wipe at the end of this month, two weeks in an Asp would have been worth it.

I sell the mineral extractors for 300 Credits profit per unit, the Indite goes with 800 Credits per unit. Oh, and somehow my ship is stuck in/under the outpost. That´s worth a new ticket I guess. This time, the game corrects itself, but there are glitches anyways. I get side-turned through the closed landing pad, the wall is double, one sticks up the other drops. Locking Locke´s Claim does not show and target in space. Entering supercruise is accompanied by a blurry hyperspace animation, but thankfully I am let to continue supercruise, which is stuttering, and exiting hangs it all up. Yep, the game is a mess. I am too tired tonight and decide to fire up another game, as this one here is decidedly too much work and annoyance for a relaxing weekend.

Also thinking about postponing further posts on Elite until the next client arrives. While this blog serves as my personal game diary, it is nevertheless public and I do not want to leave negative impressions from a beta version to shy away people from the final game, which will for sure be free of all those child sicknesses. That´s why it is still beta (*cough* alpha).

No comments:

Post a Comment