Flieger, grüß' mir die Sonne, grüß' mir die Sterne und grüß' mir den Mond. Dein Leben, das ist ein Schweben, durch die Ferne, die keiner bewohnt! - Hans Albers, F.P.1 antwortet nicht (Adaptation in the 80s: Extrabreit)

Monday 16 March 2015

Dipping into Patch 1.2

So, my excursion through Kerbal, the new Sid Meier´s Starships and some refreshment of his Beyond Earth are done. The advertised connection between the latter two games is neigh inexistant. A story logic neither. But those games are ok if you want to do some tactical game.

Elite: Dangerous greets me with the installation of a new launcher. The latest update is out, "Wings". And, the game insists again that I play it in German; no, thanks. Of course I am very curious about all new features... wow, the starting screen looks better and better, for once!

The funny moment is always when I have to get to get used again to the specific way the mouse reacts to input for each different game.



 - ah I had almost forgotten the nice view










Arriving in Wregoe IL-P C2 1, I swoop down to scoop some fuel. Ooops, that could have easily gone wrong. The heat mechanic has changed, and I realize it it time when I wonder why the heat does not mount as quickly to 100% as it used to. 100% is bad, under the new game mechanic, already melting my ship modules. I get out of the star´s atmosphere just in time at around 90%.


Nice is also that my head look is not whisked straight forward anymore when the hyperjump countdown starts. And when I look around in the cockpit, my view does not clip throught the seat anymore.

The system I am arriving in has some beautiful blood red double stars; that´s when I remember that Frontier also now allows an external camera for beautiful screenshots. Surprises, nice surprises only, you can also assign a hotkey for the system map, amd also one which re-targets the next system for hyperjump after I scanned something in the system! I am a happy explorer now!




 - very moody






 



It takes some time to assign all keys and it sure still will do so until I feel really comfortable with all those new keys. I need more than ten fingers to play this tune. I happily cruise owards, which takes a while since I just have to play around a lot with the external camera view. 




- yesss, great tool










While I jump and scan, for some systems, I seem to follow the tracks of CMDR Izza. In order to not do so, I have to deviate a bit from my course here. There are plenty of stars for everybody!

And such passes by an uneventful, with some new buttons to play with, game session.


No comments:

Post a Comment