Flieger, grüß' mir die Sonne, grüß' mir die Sterne und grüß' mir den Mond. Dein Leben, das ist ein Schweben, durch die Ferne, die keiner bewohnt! - Hans Albers, F.P.1 antwortet nicht (Adaptation in the 80s: Extrabreit)

Sunday 10 July 2016

VR is finally coming true for me

Here I am again. An again long hiatus, from the blog, not from games. After Stellaris had hit, Overwatch took over: It was fun to take part in some fast paced teamplay again, it was a long time for me and made me remember my old World of Warcraft "Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer" days (teamspeak like in WoW, fast-paced teamplay like in ME3MP). Meeting and teaming up with people from all over Europe, I ended mostly up with some guys from France. We were none too good, but we had fun... I guess... getting stuck at a competitive game ranking of 43 tends to make you "salty" after some time! Naturally, our comradeship broke up after in the football EM, Germany lost vs. France... Naw. I am a good looser. Wait, that did not come across as intended.
 
No matter, I am all giddy now, because this blog has got something BIG to celebrate!

It started all on 30 July 2014, here with the earliest blog entry here. For two long years, I have waited so that finally the Oculus Rift might become a consumer product. Many of my blog entries here were about how computer games would be awesome in a true VR environment. And lo and behold, those VR goggles are suddenly a thing and even got competition from the start.

tl;dr

Today, I ordered something which I had been waiting for over two years, tearing an unfortunately very much expected hole into my financials.
Not sure if that will enable me to rekindle this blog. My life has considerable changed during those last two years. There are more games and even less time to play any of them. It is such a shame.

Besides, taking notes in VR might be difficult, or the whole thing might end up on a shelf after some time? We will see!


No comments:

Post a Comment